Short History of KMKL
Mckellar-Sipes Regional Airport was established by the U.S. Government in 1941 as a military aviation training center and was given to the City of Jackson and Madison County after WWII for civilian use. Over the years additional land has been purchased, now totaling more than 800 acres. All airport property is owned jointly by the City of Jackson and Madison County.
KMKL is located in the geographic center of beautiful West Tennessee in the city of Jackson. Jackson is approximately 90 miles north east of Memphis, TN and approximately 130 miles south west of Nashville, TN.